RECALL ERICSSON RAPID/TRAVEL CHARGERS
An important safety notice for owners of Ericsson Rapid Chargers and Travel Chargers
Our continuous programme of quality improvement has identified a problem on the above chargers (within the serial ranges shown below) which are produced on behalf of Ericsson as accessories for our mobile phone range. Under certain circumstances a fuse inside the charger malfunctions, which may cause a small flash and the casing to fracture. Please note that the phones themselves are not damaged in any way
Model No. BML 162 027 RIA
Serial Nos. 215XXX-316XXX
Model No. BML 162 047 RIA
Serial Nos. 251XXX-316XXX
If you have one of these chargers, take the following action:
1. Stop using the charger and unplug it from the mains, switching off the plug socket first.
2. Check the model number which you will find on the label on the plug (see above illustration). If it is BML 162 027 RIA or BML 162 047 RIA then go to point 3. If not, your charger is safe to use.
3. Check the serial number on the same label. If the first three numbers are between 251 and 316 then go to point 4. If not, your charger is safe to use.
4. Send your charger free of charge to: Charger Recall, Ericsson Limited, FREEPOST, Middleton Gate, Guildford Business Park, Guildford, Surrey GU2 5BR. Remember to enclose your name, full address and a daytime telephone number.
5. Ericsson will send you a replacement by return.
If you are still in any doubt, then call the following number free.