The International Association of Arson Investigators, Inc. (IAAI) is an association of more than 5,000 fire investigation professionals from across the world, united by a strong commitment to suppress the crime of arson through professional fire investigation.
Vision of the IAAI
The International Association of Arson Investigators will be the global resource for fire investigation training, technology, research and professional development.
- Regard ourselves as members of an important and honorable profession.
- Conduct our personal and professional lives so as to inspire the confidence of the public.
- Regard it our duty to avail ourselves of every opportunity to learn more about our profession.
- Encourage and support professional standards for fire investigators.
- Assist our members in obtaining world-class training and professional qualifications.
- Avoid alliances with those whose goals are inconsistent with an honest and unbiased investigation.
- Always bear in mind that we are truth-seekers, not case-makers.
The IAAI is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate based on age, sex, race, or disability in qualifying for organization membership or for participation in training events, special programs or certification protocols. The IAAI will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations within their responsibility and control to applicants and program participants with special needs or disabilities upon special request or self disclosure. Any information regarding age, sex, or race collected during an application process or any self disclosure of a disability or special need will be held in strictest confidence and will not be released unless required by legal authority.