OKI FAX MACHINES
Oki has identified a mechanical fault that could lead to an electrical fault in a small number of OKIFAX 5780 and 5980 models manufactured since October 2003. In rare circumstances this may lead to a short circuit at the power supply which we believe constitutes an unacceptable risk of electric shock.
Products potentially affected start with Serial Numbers:
3A, 3B, 3C, 41, 42
If you have one of these fax machines please take the following action immediately:
1. Stop using the fax, switch off at mains socket and remove plug.
2. Call our customer care centre hotline number 01753 819800 (Monday-Friday 9:00 - 17:00, excluding Bank Holidays) to ascertain if it is one of the faulty machines.
3. Please have the product's Serial Number to hand. This can be found on the side of the product next to the On/Off switch.
4. Should you have one of the affected products we will arrange for an engineer to visit you and carry out a free full safety check of the product.
5. Should the product be faulty we will replace it.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your co-operation and understanding. We have already implemented actions to prevent recurrence of such problem. No other Oki facsimile products are affected by this recall and we give reassurance of our continuous product quality programme to ensure safety.
(Published in the national press on the 15 April 2004).