Ebac 880e Electronic Dehumidifier
Model Number starting 11489
Tests carried out by Ebac have identified a possible Safety Problem with this model.
If you own one of these models please take the following action:
1. Unplug the appliance.
2. Call FREEPHONE 0800 591991 and we will arrange for the affected product to be returned to our Service Centre for inspection.
Please have your model number and serial number available at the time of your call, these can be found on a label in the water container recess.
No other Ebac dehumidifiers are affected by the recall.
Ebac Limited, St Helens Trading Estate, Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, DL14 9AL.
(Publised in the national press on the 5 July 2002)
(***Original recall notice published on the 24 March 2000***)
Ebac 880e Electronic Dehumidifier Model Number starting 11489
Tests carried out by Ebac have identified a possible Safety Problem with this model. If you own one please take the following urgent action.
1. Stop using it immediately and unplug the appliance.
2. Call Freephone 0800 591991 & we will arrange for the product to have a small but vital modification.
You do not need to contact us if:-
1. The serial number of your unit begins with 74 or greater (this is shown on the rating label located behind the water container)
2. If a sticker has been placed next to the rating plate with 'Ebac Limited FMI No.2001/2003 INSPECTED'
3. You have previously returned your unit for modification
The product recall only applies to the Homedry 880e Electronic model.
The 880 manual model & all other Ebac Dehumidifiers are NOT affected.
Ebac Ltd, St Helens Trading Estate, Bishop Auckland, Co Durham.
(Published in the national press on the 24 March 2000)
(Note: ID89 updated July 2002)