AN IMPORTANT SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE OWNERS OF:
CARLTON TOASTERS, model numbers - CT1200 CT1204 CT1208 CT1209CW LT1000 MT1002 MT1004 ELECTROLUX TOASTER model number - MT2000
Sold by Currys and Dixons between September 1999 and August 2000
Model Numbers can be found on bottom of the Electrolux and the side of the Carlton
It has become apparent through our quality control checks that there is a potential risk that the connections within the toaster's mains plug could be loose or work loose and therefore pose a risk of electrocution. Please check your toaster before you use it again by following these simple steps. All you need to carry out the check is a screwdriver.
1. Ensure that the product is switched off at the mains and remove the plug from the wall.
2. Remove the top cover of the plug using a screwdriver.
3. Check that the terminal screws have been tightened correctly, securing the wires (see diagram below).
4. If a screw is loose tighten it with a screwdriver to hold the loose wire securely. If a wire has worked loose or is insufficiently held, loosen the terminal screw, insert the wire in the hole and tighten the screw to hold the wire securely.
5. Refit the top cover of the plug using a screwdriver.
Should you require any technical advice or have any other questions, please contact our helpline on 0870 2413984.
The lines will be open Monday to Friday from 11am to 7pm. If you are unable to check the mains plug yourself or if you are in any doubt whatsoever, you can take your toaster into your nearest Currys Superstore for a free safety check at the instore repair shop.
For details of your nearest Currys Superstore and repair shop opening hours call 0870 550 0049.