To all owners of a Rowenta Jug Kettle Model Nos. KEO3 or KEO2
If you no longer have your kettle, for KE02 whatever reason, please disregard this notice.
It has come to our notice that under certain circumstances, a very limited number of Rowenta Jug Kettles, Models KEO3 and KEO2 can develop a fault which will cause the kettle to fail to perform properly.
ONLY MODELS KEO3 OR KEO2 MAY BE AFFECTED
ALL OTHER ROWENTA JUG KETTLES ARE UNAFFECTED
If your Rowenta Jug Kettle is a KEO3 or KEO2, please follow this simple procedure to identify whether it is affected.
1. Please check where on your kettle the on/off switch is. If it is located on the top of the handle, please continue. If not your kettle is unaffected by this recall.
2. Please unplug your kettle from the electrical supply, empty out all of the water and carefully turn it upside down.
3. On the underside of the kettle, you will see a rectangular panel stamped into the body of the kettle. If the panel on your kettle matches one of the panels shown below, you are affected by this recall.
4. It is the series or 'serie' number to look for. If you have a KEO3 and the Series number 1 or 2, you are affected by this recall. If you have a KEO2 and the series number is 1, you are affected by this recall.
ALL OTHER SERIES NUMBERS ARE UNAFFECTED BY THIS RECALL.
5. All affected kettle owners are requested to complete the simple checklist below (not reproduced) and then telephone our special Kettle Freephone helpline for advice and further instructions.
FREEPHONE 0800 13 61 69
Lines are open: weekdays 10.00am to 10.00pm, weekends 10.00am to 6.00pm
(Published in The Guardian newspaper on the 9 November 1994)