ZANUSSI DISHWASHERS: RECALL NOTICE
This is an important announcement to owners of Zanussi Dishwashers.
Our continuous Quality Control Programme has revealed the slight risk of the wiring loom breaking within the door of some of the Dishwashers we made during 1985, 1986 and 1987. In very isolated circumstances this could cause overheating of the wires.
In view of this, Zanussi want to check these Dishwashers and, where appropriate, fit an additional SAFETY FEATURE. This service will be free of charge.
We have already made contact with a large sector of our customers who are affected by this notice and, through this advertisement, we hope to contact the remainder. If you have recently acted on a letter from us on this matter, then please ignore this notice.
The Dishwashers we want to check can be identified by certain numbers on two silver adhesive labels fixed to them, and the model number. One of the silver labels is at the top of the stainless steel front of the dishwasher, visible when you open the door. The other label is outside, at the back, as shown in the illustration below. The model number is on the control panel on the upper part of the door.
Take this notice to your dishwasher and follow the instructions for completion of the coupon. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
1. Select a label, from those illustrated on the coupon,' which has the same groups of prefix letters on it as one of the silver labels on your dishwasher.
2. Copy the numbers of f the silver label onto the one selected, against the same prefix letters. You need only record the details from one label, whichever is easier to gain access to.
3. Now, if the number you've put in the shaded area of the illustrated label begins with 85, 86 or simply 7, your dishwasher is one we need to check and you must fill in the rest of the coupon as described in the following paragraphs. If the numbers in the shaded areas start in some other way, you may discard this coupon now and continue to use your dishwasher as usual.
4. Copy the model number from the control panel on the upper part of the door into the box provided on the coupon.
5. Add details of your name, address, and very importan t, your postcode, to the coupon, together with your daytime phone number. Cut along the dotted line and put the coupon in an envelope. Seal it and post it to us, right away, at the address shown below. No stamp is needed.
6. If your dishwasher is one we need to check, it should not be left unattended when it,s ON or left to operate overnight until our engineer has visited you. It should also be UNPLUGGED or switched OFF when it's finished, as we suggest in your instruction book.
For extra help, call us FREE on 0800 777300; 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To: Zanussi Careline, Freepost, Hambridge Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 SEP.
(Published, 5th May 1991)